Friday, December 05, 2003

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Before I caught the show, everyone (well, nearly) told mi this is damned good. So I went to watch with rather high expectations but it does not really meet my expectations. Master and Commander is good, no doubt. But a bit over-rated. There's not much actions except the last (and only) head-on confrontation with the french ship. Just when I thought there is more action coming up, it ends. A cliff-hanger ending (for a sequel?) is somehow inappropriate here. Despite all these, Russell Crowe and his presence is good enough to make up for the flaws. He IS captain Jack. Paul Bettany is ok, though I prefer him in A Knight's Tale and Beautiful Mind. The acting on the whole is great, but the lack of actions and flow of the plot make Master and Commander less of a sea epic. Watch the movie (if u haven't) but dun expect too much.

No comments: