Friday, July 02, 2004

Euro Semi Final 2 - Greece vs. Czech Republic
Greece got into the finals. Full-stop. The surprise package has made another surprise again. The Czechs, whom I thought highly possible to win the Euro Cup this year, was knocked out. The much awaited Portugal vs. Czech showdown isn't gonna happen. Did I mention I hate watching defensive play? Watching England play was bad enuff, now Greece is getting on my nerves too. I triple confirmed this by dozing off on at least 2 occasions just now. Woke up only to see the replay of the decisive Greek goal that drove the Czechs out. I'm still irritated by the fact Koller could actually miss an open goal that any Tom, Dick and Harry could hit in. He ought to be substituted but the Czech coach could not do what Scolari could. And the poor Nedved had to be injured during this important match. Luck was really not on their side (and mine too).
Prior to this match, I had decided not to bet on the final match if it were Portugal vs. Czech and sit back and enjoy the two attacking teams play attacking football. But alas, there might be the torture of going through another boring match (with Greece in the final). I'm gonna put my bet on Portugal for the final. (The irony was, I took Greece for the opening match because I tot Portugal was too stuck up at that time). Attacking football over defensive this time and I believe Portugal wun lose to Greece twice in the same tournament.

No comments: